Winter Photography Workshop (Max. 2 participants)
Between October and February I offer Winter Photography Workshops for anyone wishing to learn the core principles of digital photography.
Perhaps you’re wanting to improve your photography skills. Perhaps you’ve got a new camera and want to learn how to make the most of it or maybe you’re just needing a refresher course. Whatever the reason Edinburgh Photo Walks is here to help.
I’ll explain the hows, whats and whys of photography by practical example and application. I’ll make sense of all the technical jargon and use visual aids to help demonstrate key principles. This will all be done in a straight forward step-by-step process and at a pace that you’re comfortable with.
“I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand” – Confucius.
Most of all my aim is to help you develop a solid foundation upon which you can build as well as giving you the skills and knowhow to approach future photographic situations with confidence.
I’d like to give you the very best experience possible. As a result I’ll be offering this workshop for a maximum of two participants at any one time. Not only do I believe workshops are one of the fastest and best ways to learn the art and craft of photography, it also allows me to work flexibly and tailor things to your needs. Best of all you’ll get to learn as I show you around some of the best, iconic and lesser known locations within our beautiful city.
Photography Workshops last 3.5 hours and are available to book every Sunday to Thursday, starting approximately one hour before sunset. This will allow us to work on the basics as well as giving you the opportunity to capture sunset, twilight and practice other skills once it starts to get dark.
Key principles we can cover:
- Understanding the basic elements of exposure (ISO, Shutter speed and Aperture)
- Creative exposure (How the elements of exposure can affect your image in a creative way)
- Principles of composition (Rule of thirds, Lead-in lines, Symmetry, Patterns, Perspective, Balancing elements, Depth etc)
- Semi-manual and full-manual settings.
- Planning an image in advance (Pre-visualisation)
- Shooting in low light (Hand held or using a tripod)
- Creative shutter speed (How to ‘freeze’ or blur moving objects)
- Light trails (Capturing the movement of traffic after sunset)
- How to make everything look sharp or blur the background / foreground (Depth of field)
- Participant numbers will be limited to a maximum of 2.
- This workshop will most benefit the individual who has a camera with full manual or semi manual controls. It is not recommended to attend if your only camera is a basic point-and-shoot or a smart phone as we would be severely limited in what we can do, especially after dark.
- A tripod is required for this photography workshop. If you have one, please bring it along. If you don’t have a tripod, please let me know in advance and I will happily provide you with one.
- As we’ll be walking outdoors please wear appropriate clothing for the season as well as comfortable footwear.
Winter Photography Workshop (3.5 hours) – £80
To arrange your beginner photography workshop please call Don Munro on: 07722 400 220. Once a date and time has been arranged please pay using the button below.